Although I love to set myself goals I must confess I’m the worlds worst at keeping my New Year’s Resolutions. However, when I spotted the 101/1001 challenge on Sarsm’s Blog I thought it sounded great fun especially as you have the support of other 101/1001 bloggers.
So what is 101/1001? You set yourself 101 tasks to be completed in 1001 days. Sounds easy? I think not, but I am going to at least try!
I started the challenge after much procrastination on the 18/10/2011. The list is not complete so have set this as one of my challenges!
101. Think of 101 challenges!
1. Improve my French Vocabulary: Learn 1001 words in 1001 days. (started 27/10/11)
2. Writing Circle: Locate and join a writing circle (Not easy considering where I live)
3. Read 5 books
4. Research children’s and age appropriate writing styles
5. Write a children’s book and illustrate
6. Write a poem or ditty
Health and Life Style
11. Anti-inflammatory diet: Embrace the diet initially for 101 days to assess health benefits and post to blog.(started 18/10/11)
12. Gluten and Dairy free recipes: Adapt and cook 101 different recipes and post to blog.(started 18/10/11)
13. Lose 20 lb in 101 days. (started 18/10/11)
14. Lose 10 lb in 101 days
15. Exercise: Aerobic style exercise 3 times a week for 1 hour plus for 101 days (Hopefully, this should be habit forming and once I see the results I will be keen to continue.(started 27/10/11)
16. Floor Exercise: 1001 sit-ups in 101 days (May not seem many but it’s probably more than I’ve done in my whole life to date)
17. Dance Classes: Locate and join a Zumba Class
18. Exercise DVDs: Complete 101 minimum 30 minute sessions
19. Zumba online: Find some beginners classes on You Tube
20. Research the uses and benefits of Aloe Vera
I have created a page to keep track of my progress which can be viewed at: My 101/1001 Challenge List
Come on why not join in the challenge?